Guangshuo Ou, Ph.D.
Principal Investigator Recipient of The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars
1994-2001 B.S. & M.S. China Agricultural University, College of Biological Sciences
2001-2006 Ph.D. Cell & Developmental Biology, University of California, Davis
2007-2011 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of California, San Francisco/HHMI
2011-2013 Professor, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2013-present, Principal Investigator, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University
Our laboratory studies how cytoskeleton and signaling-related biomacromolecules regulate neural progenitors to migrate, divide and differentiation using Caenorhabditis elegans as the model system. We developed fluorescence time-lapse imaging techniques to visualize neuroblast development in live animals, and we have also developed C. elegansconditional knockout methods to dissect the underlying molecular mechanisms.
- Spectraplakin Induces Positive Feedback between Fusogens and the Actin Cytoskeleton to Promote Cell-Cell Fusion. Yang Y, Zhang Y, Li WJ, Jiang Y, Zhu Z, Hu H, Li W, Wu JW, Wang ZX, Dong MQ, Huang S, Ou G*. Developmental Cell. 2017 Apr 10;41(1):107-120.
- Feng G, Zhu Z, Li W, Chai Y, Dong M and Ou G*. Hippo Kinases Maintain Polarity during Directional Cell Migration in C. elegans. EMBO J. 2017 Feb 1;36(3):334-345.
- Zhu Z, Chai Y, Jiang Y, Li WJ, Hu H, Li W, Wu J, Wang Z, Huang S and Ou G*. Functional Coordination of WAVE and WASP in C. elegans Neuroblast Migration. Developmental Cell. 2016 Oct 24;39(2):224-238.
- Tian D, Diao M, Jiang Y, Sun L, Zhang Y, Chen Z, Huang S and Ou G*.(2015) Anillin Regulates Neuronal Migration and Neurite Growth by Linking RhoG to the Actin Cytoskeleton. Current Biology. 2015 May 4; 25(9):1135-45.
- Li WJ, Yi P and Ou G*. (2015) Somatic CRISPR/Cas9-induced Mutations Reveal Roles of Embryonically Essential Dynein Chains in Caenorhabditis elegans Cilia. J. Cell Biol. 2015 March 16; 208 (6)
- Shen Z, Zhang X, Chai Y, Zhu Z, Yi P, Feng G, Li W and Ou G.* (2014) Conditional Knockouts Generated by Engineered CRISPR-Cas9 Endonuclease Reveal the Roles of Coronin in C. elegans Neural Development. Developmental Cell. 2014 Sept 08; 30(5):625-36.
- Cheng Z, Yi P, Wang X, Chai Y, Feng G, Yang Y, Liang X, Zhu Z, Li W *, and Ou G.* (2013) Conditional Targeted Genome Editing Using Somatically Expressed TALENs in C. elegans. Nature Biotechnology. 2013 Oct;31(10):934-7.
- Feng G, Yi P, Yang Y, Chai Y, Tian D, Zhu Z, Liu J, Zhou F, Cheng Z, Wang X, Li W, and Ou G.* (2013) Developmental Stage-Dependent Transcriptional Regulatory Pathways Control Neuroblast Lineage Progression. Development. 2013 Aug 14.
- Wang X, Zhou F, Lv S, Yi P, Zhu Z, Yang Y, Feng G, Li W, and Ou G.* (2013) Transmembrane protein MIG-13 links the Wnt signaling and Hox genes to the cell polarity in neuronal migration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Jul 2;110(27):11175-80.
- Chai Y, Tian D, Feng G, Cheng Z, Yang Y, Li W and Ou, G.* (2012) Apoptotic Regulators Promote Midbody Degradation in C. elegans. Journal of Cell Biology. 2012 Dec; 199(7):1047-55.
- Ou, G.*, Stuurman N, D'Ambrosio, M and R.D. Vale*. (2010) Polarized myosin produces unequal size daughters during asymmetric cell division. Science. 330(6004):677-80.
- Ou, G., Blacque, O.E., Snow, J.J., Leroux, M.R., and J.M. Scholey (2005) Functional Coordination of Intraflagellar Transport Motors. Nature. 436(7050):583-7.