Anming Meng Ph.D Professor, Cheung Kong Scholar, Winner of the National Science Foundation for Outstanding Young Scientists of China, Member of CAS
1979-1983, Undergraduate of Southwestern Agricultural University.
1987-1990, PhD student of University of Nottingham, UK.
1990-1996, Postdoctoral fellow and associate professor of Beijing Agricultural University.
1996-1998, Visiting scholar of Medical College of Georgia.
1998 to now, Professor of Tsinghua University.
We are particularly interested in the roles of Nodal and FGF signaling pathways in mesoderm induction and dorsovental patterning of vertebrate embryos.Genes mediating Nodal and FGF signals in zebrafish embryos were identified by whole-mount in situ hybridization screening, yeast two hybrid system and microarry assay, and their functions are being studied using various biochemical, genetic and molecular approaches. We are also identifying maternal factors controlling early embryonic development through mutagenesis.
- Zhao X, Zhao L, Tian T, Zhang Y, Tong J, Zheng X, Meng A. Interruption of cenph causes mitotic failure and embryonic death, and its haploinsufficiency suppresses cancer in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010 Sep 3;285(36):27924-34. Epub 2010 Jun 23.
- Li X, Jia S, Wang S, Wang Y, Meng A. Mta3-NuRD complex is a master regulator for initiation of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrate embryos. Blood. 2009 Dec 24;114(27):5464-72. Epub 2009 Oct 28.
- Zhang Y, Li X, Qi JJ, Wang J, Liu X, Zhang H, Lin SC, Meng AM. 2009. Rock2 controls TGF-beta signaling and inhibits mesoderm induction in zebrafish embryos. Journal of Cell Science, 122:2197-207.
- Jia SJ, Wu D, Xing CC, Meng AM. 2009. Smad2/3 activities are required for induction and patterning of the neuroectoderm in zebrafish.Developmental Biology, 333:273-284.
- Zhao L, Zhao XY, Tian T, Lu QL, Skrbo-Larssen N, Wu D, Kuang Z, Zheng XF, Han YC, Yang SY, Zhang CM, Meng AM. 2008. Heart-specific isoform of tropomyosin4 is essential for heartbeat in zebrafish embryos. Cardiovascular Research, 80(2):200-208.
- Meng FW, Cheng X, Yang LL, Hou N, Yang X, Meng AM. 2008. Accelerated re-epithelialization in Dpr2-deficient mice is associated with enhanced response to TGF-beta ？signaling. Journal of Cell Science, 121(17):2904-2912.
- Jia SJ, Ren Z, Li X, Zheng Y, Meng AM. 2008. smad2 and smad3 are required for mesendoderm induction by TGF-beta/Nodal signals in zebrafish. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 283(4):2418-2426.
- Huang HZ, Lu F-I, Jia SJ, Meng S, Cao Y, Wang YQ, Ma WP, Yin K, Wen ZL, Peng JR, Thisse C, Thisse B, Meng AM. 2007. Amotl2 is essential for cell movements in zebrafish embryo and regulates c-Src translocation. Development, 134(5): 979-988.
- Su Y, Zhang L, Gao X, Meng FW, Wen J, Zhou H, Meng AM, Chen YG. 2007. The evolutionally conserved activity of Dapper2 in antagonizing TGFbeta signaling. The FASEB Journal, 21(3):682-90.
- Rui RY, Xu Z, Xiong B, Cao Y, Lin SY, Zhang M, Chan SC, Luo W, Han Y, Lu ZL, Ye ZY, Zhou HM, Han JH, Meng AM, Sheng-Cai Lin. 2007. A beta-catenin-independent dorsalization pathway activated by Axin/JNK signaling and antagonized by Aida. Developmental Cell, 13(2):268-282.
- Xiong B, Rui YN, Zhang M, Shi KH, Jia SJ, Tian T, Yin K, Huang HZ, Lin SY, Zhao XG, Chen YH, Chen Y-G, Lin S-C, Meng AM. 2006. Tob1 controls dorsal development of zebrafish embryos by antagonizing maternal beta-Catenin transcriptional activity. Developmental Cell, 11:225-238.
- Lin X, Duan XY, Liang Y-Y, Su Y, Wrighton KH, Long JY, Hu M, Davis CM, Wang JR, Brunicardi FCB, Shi YG, Chen Y-G, Meng AM, Feng X-H. 2006. PPM1A functions as a Smad phosphatase to terminate TGF-beta signaling. Cell, 125(5):915-928.
- Zhang L, Zhou H, Su Y, Sun Z, Zhang H, Zhang L, Zhang Y, Ning Y, Chen Y-G, Meng AM. 2004. Zebrafish Dpr2 inhibits mesoderm induction by promoting lysosomal degradation of Nodal receptors. Science, 306(5693):114-117.
- Cao Y, Zhao J, Sun ZH, Postlethwait J, Meng AM. 2004. fgf17b, a novel member of Fgf family, helps patterning zebrafish embryos. Developmental Biology, 271(1):130-143.
- Penberthy WT, Zhao CT, Zhang Y, Jessen JR, Yang Z, Bricaud O, Collazo A, Meng A, Lin S. 2004. Pur alpha and Sp8 as opposing regulators of neural gata2 expression. Developmental Biology, 275(1):225-234.
- Zhao J, Cao Y, Zhao CT, Postlethwait J, Meng AM. 2003. An SP1-like transcription factor Spr2 acts downstream of Fgf signaling to mediate mesoderm induction. EMBO Journal, 22(22): 6078-6088.
- Zhao ZX, Cao Y, Li M, Meng AM. 2001. Injection of double-stranded RNA produces nonspecific defects in zebrafish. Developmental Biology, 229(1):215-223.
- Zhang LX, Hua ZC, Ren JG, Meng A. 2001. The nuclear localization signal of zebrafish terra is located within the DM domain. FEBS Letters, 503(1):25-29.
- Meng AM, Moore B, Tang H, Yuan BZ and Lin S. 1999. Drosophila doublesex-related gene, terra, is involved in somitogenesis in vertebrates. Development, 126:1259-1268.
- Meng A, Tang H, Yuan BZ, Ong BA, Long Q, Lin S. 1999. Positive and negative cis-acting elements are required for hematopoietic expression of zebrafish GATA-1. Blood, 93(2):500-508.
- Meng A, Jessen J, Lin S. 1999. Transgenesis. Methods in Cell Biology, 60: 133-148.
- Jessen JR, Meng AM, Paw BH, Zon LI, Lin S. 1998. Modification of bacterial artificial chromosomes through chi-stimulated homologous recombination and its application in zebrafish transgenesis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 95:5121-5126.
- Meng AM, Tang H, Ong BA, Farrell MJ, Lin S. 1997. Promoter analysis in living zebrafish embryos identifies a cis-acting motif required for neuronal expression of GATA-2. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 94:6267-6272.
- Long QM, Meng AM, Wang H, Jessen JR, Farrell MJ, Lin S. 1997. GATA-1 expression pattern can be recapitulated in living transgenic zebrafish using GFP reporter gene. Development, 124:4105-4111.