Postdoctoral Fellow, Section of Immunobiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT.
Ph.D, Department of Microbiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Bachelor in Cell Biology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Director, Beijing Key Lab on Immunological Studies on Chronic Diseases
Dean, School of Medicine, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Executive Vice Dean, School of Medicine, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Vice Director (Tsinghua), Peking University-Tsinghua University Center for Life Sciences, Beijing, China
Director, Institute for Immunology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Vice Dean, School of Medicine, Tsinghua University
Director, Center for Inflammation and Cancer, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Professor (tenured), Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Olga Keith and Harry Carothers Wiess Distinguished University Chair in Cancer Research, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Professor (tenured), Department of Immunology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Associate Professor (tenured), Department of Immunology University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Assistant Professor, Department of Immunology University of Washington School of Medicine
Immunology and Inflammation
We are interested in studying the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying immune tolerance and immune responses and hope that our research will lead to new approaches of modulating the immune system in a variety of immune diseases and cancers.
1. T lymphocyte differentiation and function
2. Cytokine function and signaling in inflammation
3. Immune tolerance and tumor immunity.
1. Xu, M., Lu, H., Wu, Y., Liu, K., Shi, Y., An, H., Zhang, J., Wang, X., Lai, Y. and Dong, C. An IL-25-mediated autoregulatory circuit in keratinocytes plays a pivotal role in psoriatic skin inflammation. (2018) Immunity. 48(4):787-7982.
2. Jing Li, Younghee, Lee, Yanjian Li, Yu Jiang, Huiping Lu, Wenjuan Zang, Xiaohong Zhao, Liguo Liu, Yang Chen, Haidong Tan, Zhiying Yang, Michael Q. Zhang, Tak W. Mak, Ling Ni and Chen Dong. Co-inhibitory Molecule B7 Superfamily Member 1 Expressed by Tumor-Infiltrating Myeloid Cells Induces Dysfunction of Anti-tumor CD8+ T Cells. (2018) Immunity. 48(4):773-7863.
3. Jiang, Y., Liu, Y., Lu, H., Sun, S.-C., Jin, W., Wang, X. and Dong, C. Epigenetic activation during T helper 17 (Th17) cell differentiation is mediated by Tripartite motif containing 28. (2018) Nature Communications. 9:1424
4. Weiwei Fu, Xindong Liu, Xiang Lin, Han Feng, Lin Sun, Shuran Li, Hairong Chen, Hong Tang, Liwei Lu, Wei Jin, Chen Dong. Deficiency in T follicular regulatory cells promotes autoimmunity. (2018) Journal of Experimental Medicine. 215:815-825
5. Tao Xu(#), Kelly M. Stewart(#), Xiaohu Wang(#), Kai Liu, Min Xie, Jae Kyu Ryu, Ke Li, Tianhua Ma, Haixia Wang, Lu Ni; Saiyong Zhu, Nan Cao, Dongwei Zhu, Yu Zhang, Katerina Akassoglou, Chen Dong(*), Edward M. Driggers(*), Sheng Ding(*). Metabolic control of TH17 and induced Treg cell balance by an epigenetic mechanism. (2017) Nature. 548:228-233. (* co-correspondent authors)
6. Xiao Ding，Aibo Wang，Xiaopeng Ma，Maud Demarque，Jin Wei，Huawei Xin, Anne De jean，Chen Dong. Protein SUMOylation is required for regulatory T cell expansion and function. (2016) Cell Reports. 16:1055-1066.
7. Xindong Liu, Huiping Lu, Tingting Chen, Kalyan C Nallaparaju, Xiaowei Yan, Shinya Tanaka, Kenji Ichiyama, Xia Zhang, Li Zhang, Xiaofeng Wen, Qiang, Tian, Xiu-Wu Bian, Wei Jin, Lai Wei, Chen Dong. Genome-wide analysis identifies Bcl6-controlled regulatory networks during T follicular helper (Tfh) cell differentiation. (2016) Cell Reports. 14:1735-1747
8. Xindong Liu, Xin Chen, Bo Zhong, Aibo Wang, Xiaohu Wang, Fuliang Chu, Roza I Nurieva, Xiaowei Yan, Ping Chen, Laurens G van der Flier, Hiroko Nakatsukasa, Sattva S Neelapu, Wanjun Chen, Hans Clevers, Qiang Tian, Hai Qi, Lai Wei, Chen Dong. Transcription factor Achaete-Scute homologue 2 initiates T follicular helper cell development. (2014) Nature. 507: 513–518
2017 Highly Cited Researcher, Clarivate Analytics
2016 Highly Cited Researcher, Thomson Reuters
2016 Keynote speaker, 2016 Keystone Symposium on T Follicular Helper Cells and Germinal Centers
2015 Highly Cited Researcher, Thomson Reuters
2014 Highly Cited Researcher, Thomson Reuters
2013 Bayer Chair Professor, Tsinghua University
2013 Faculty Achievement Award in Basic Research, MD Anderson Cancer Center
2012 National Talent Recruitment (Qian Ren) Program awardee
2011 Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
2009 American Association of Immunologists-BD Biosciences Investigator Award
2008-2013 Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Scholar Award
2007-2010 American Lung Association Career Investigator Award
2004 Milstein Young Investigator award, International Society of Interferon and Cytokine Research
2003-2009 Cancer Research Institute Investigator Award
2002 Young Investigator Award (1st Prize), International Cytokine Society
2000 –2005 Arthritis Investigator Award, Arthritis Foundation
Email: chendong at tsinghua.edu.cn