Dong LIU, Ph.D.
·East China Normal University, B.S. 1984
·University of Science and Technology of China, M.S. 1987
·Purdue University, Ph.D. 1994
·Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology, Research Associate 1987-1990
·University of California at San Diego, Postdoctoral Fellow 1994-1999
·Dow AgroSciences LLC, Senior Research Biologist 1999-2005
·Tsinghua Univeristy, Professor 2005-present
Signaling mechanisms involved in plant responses to nutritional stress;
Molecular basis for plant root development.
1.《Biochemistry I》(in English)
2. 《Introduction to Biology》(lectures on plant biology)
3. 《Introduction to Modern Life Sciences》(lectures on plant biology)
1. Zheng, Z., Wang, Z., Wang, X., Liu, D. (2019) Blue light-triggered chemical reactions underlie phosphate deficiency-induced inhibition of root elongation of Arabidopsis seedlings grown in Petri dishes. Molecular Plant, 12:1515-1523.
2. Wang, X., Wang Z., Zheng, Z., Dong, J., Song, L., Sui, L., Nussaume, L., Desnos, T., Liu, D. (2019) Genetic dissection of Fe-dependent signaling in root developmental responses to phosphate deficiency. Plant Physiology, 179:300-316.
3. Wang L, Liu D.（2018）Functions and regulation of phosphate starvation-induced secreted acid phosphatases in higher plants. Plant Science, 271:108-116. (Invited review)
4. Dong, J., Pineros, MA., Li, X., Yang, H., Liu, Y., Muphy, AS., Kochian, LV., Liu, D. (2017) An Arabidopsis ABC transporter mediates phosphate deficiency-induced remodeling of root architecture by modulating iron homeostasis in roots. Molecular Plant, 10:244-259
5. Song, L., Yu, H., Dong, J., Che, X., Jiao, Y., Liu, D. (2016) The molecular mechanism for ethylene-mediated root hair development induced by phosphate starvation. PLoS Genetics, 12(7):e1006194
6. Yuan, J., Zhang, Y., Dong, J., Sun, Y., Lim, BL., Liu, D., Lu, ZJ. (2016) Systematic characterization of novel lncRNAs responding to phosphate starvation in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Genomics. 17:655. (Co-corresponding authors)
7. Tao, S., Zhang, Y., Wang, X., Xu, L., Fang, X., Lu, Z., Liu, D. (2016) The THO/TREX complex negatively regulates root-associated acid phosphatase activity induced by phosphate starvation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology, 171: 2841–2853
8. Sun, L., Song, L., Zhang, Y., Zheng, Z., Liu, D. (2016) Arabidopsis PHL2 and PHR1 act redundantly as the key components of the central regulatory system controlling transcriptional responses to phosphate starvation. Plant Physiology, 170: 499-514
9. Song, L., Liu, D. (2015) Ethylene and plant responses to phosphate deficiency. Frontiers in Plant Science. 6:796. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2015.00796 (Invited review)
10. Zhang, Y; Wang X; Lu, Shan; Liu, D. (2014) A major root-associated acid phosphatase in Arabidopsis, AtPAP10, is regulated by both local and systemic signals under phosphate starvation. Journal of Experimental Botany, 65(22):6577-6588
11. Li, M., Ma, X., Chiang, Y., Yadeta, K., Ding, P., Dong, L., Zhao, Y., Li, X., Yu, Y., Zhang, Y., Shen, Q., Xia, B., Coaker, G., Liu, D., Zhou, J. (2014) Proline isomerization of the immune receptor-interacting protein RIN4 by a cyclophilin inhibits effector-triggered immunity in Arabidopsis. Cell Host & Microbe, 16(4):473-83 (Co-corresponding authors)
12. Kang, J., Yu, H., Tian, C., Zhou, W., Li, C., Jiao, Y., Liu, D. (2014) Suppression of photosynthetic gene expression in roots is required for sustained root growth under phosphate deficiency. Plant Physiology, 165:1156-1170
13. Wang, L., Lu, S., Zhang, Y., Li, Z., Du, X., Liu, D. (2014) Comparative genetic analysis of Arabidopsis purple acid phosphatases AtPAP10, AtPAP12, and AtPAP26 provides new insights into their roles in plant adaptation to phosphate deprivation. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology, 56(3):299-314
14. Yu, H., Luo, N., Sun, L., Liu, D. (2012) HPS4/SABRE regulates plant responses to phosphate starvation through antagonistic interaction with ethylene signaling. Journal of Experimental Botany, 63(12):4527-38
15. Yuan, H., Liu, D. (2012) Functional disruption of the pentatricopeptide protein SLG1 affects mitochondrial RNA editing, plant development, and responses to abiotic stresses in Arabidopsis. The Plant Journal, 70:432-444
16. Wang, L., Li, Z., Qian, W., Guo, W., Ga, X., Huang, L., Wang, H., Zhu, H., Wu, J., Wang, D., Liu D.（2011）The Arabidopsis purple acid phosphatase AtPAP10 is predominantly associated with the root surface and plays an important role in plant tolerance to phosphate limitation. Plant Physiology, 157(3):1283-1299
17. Lei, M., Liu, Y., Zhang, B., Zhao, Y., Wang, X., Zhou, Y., Raghothama, K., and Liu, D. (2011) Genetic and genomic evidence that sucrose is a global regulator of plant responses to phosphate starvation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology, 156:1116-1130
18. Lei, M., Zhu, C., Liu, Y., Karthikeyan, A., Bressan, R., Raghothama, K., Liu, D. (2011) Ethylene signaling is involved in regulation of phosphate starvation-induced gene expression and production of acid phosphatases and anthocyanin in Arabidopsis. New Phytologist, 189:1084-1095
Address: School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, P.R.China