Qiong Wu Ph.D.
Wu Qiong, Ph.D. Principal Investigator
1991-1996 B.S, Tsinghua University
1996-2001 Ph.D, Tsinghua University
Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University (2001)
Associate professor, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University (2006)
PhD advisor, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University (2010)
1. Understanding the regulatory network in cartilage regeneration process through single cell analysis.
2. Understanding noncoding RNA participated cell-cell communication in blood vessel regeneration.
3. Precise control of tissue engineering seeding cell biological regulation using synthetic engineering approach.
4. Developing functional biomaterials for tissue engineering based on PHA, and exploring novel approaches for evaluation of implantation outcomes.
Our group is currently focusing on understanding the both coding gene and noncoding RNA regulatory mechanism of cartilage and blood vessel regeneration. We are trying to precisely regulate the seeding cell behavior to meet the tissue engineering demands using synthetic biology concept, and developing novel functional biomaterials for an improved therapeutic outcomes.
Genetic Experiments for undergraduate students
1. Yu YT, Situ QJ, Jia WY, Li JX, Wu Q, Lei JZ. 2019. Data driven mathematical modeling reveals the dynamic mechanism of MSC-induced neovascularization. Faseb Journal 33: 3496-509
2. Li JX, Luo HF, Wang R, Lang JD, Zhu SY, Zhang ZM, Fang JH, Qu KK, Lin YT, Long HZ, Yao Y, Tian G, Wu Q. 2016. Systematic Reconstruction of Molecular Cascades Regulating GP Development Using Single-Cell RNA-Seq. Cell Reports 15: 1467-80
3. Yao Y, Jin SH, Long HZ, Yu YT, Zhang ZM, Cheng G, Xu CW, Ding Y, Guan Q, Li N, Fu SN, Chen XJ, Yan YB, Zhang HS, Tong P, Tan Y, Yu Y, Fu SS, Li J, He GJ, Wu Q. 2015. RNAe: an effective method for targeted protein translation enhancement by artificial non-coding RNA with SINEB2 repeat. Nucleic Acids Research 43
4. Li JX, Ma Y, Teng RF, Guan Q, Lang JD, Fang JH, Long HZ, Tian G, Wu Q. 2015. Transcriptional Profiling Reveals Crosstalk Between Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Endothelial Cells Promoting Prevascularization by Reciprocal Mechanisms. Stem Cells and Development 24: 610-23
5. Yao Y, He Y, Guan Q, Wu Q. 2014. A tetracycline expression system in combination with Sox9 for cartilage tissue engineering. Biomaterials 35: 1898-906
6. Lin X, Wu L, Zhang ZM, Yang RH, Guan Q, Hou XF, Wu Q. 2014. MiR-335-5p Promotes Chondrogenesis in Mouse Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Is Regulated Through Two Positive Feedback Loops. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research 29: 1575-85
7. Yan C, Wang Y, Shen XY, Yang G, Jian J, Wang HS, Chen GQ, Wu Q. 2011. MicroRNA regulation associated chondrogenesis of mouse MSCs grown on polyhydroxyalkanoates. Biomaterials 32: 6435-44
8. Wang Y, Jiang XL, Yang SC, Lin X, He Y, Yan C, Wu L, Chen GQ, Wang ZY, Wu Q. 2011. MicroRNAs in the regulation of interfacial behaviors of MSCs cultured on microgrooved surface pattern. Biomaterials 32: 9207-17
9. Bian YZ, Wang Y, Aibaidoula G, Chen GQ, Wu Q. 2009. Evaluation of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyhexanoate) conduits for peripheral nerve regeneration. Biomaterials 30: 217-25
10. Wang Y, Bian Y-Z, Wu Q, Chen G-Q. 2008. Evaluation of three-dimensional scaffolds prepared from poly(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyhexanoate) for growth of allogeneic chondrocytes for cartilage repair in rabbits. Biomaterials 29: 2858-68
2001 1st Class Award for Outstanding Scientific Achievement (by Beijing Government) (The Third Contributor)
2002 National Invention Silver Medal Award (Chinese Ministry of Sci and Technol) (The third Contributor)
2004 1st Class Award for Beijing Municipal education achievement (The Third Contributor)
2005 2st Class Award for National Teaching achievement (The Third Contributor)
2008 2st Class Award for Tsinghua University Teaching achievement (The Fourth Contributor)
2008 New Century Excellent Talent Scheme supported by Ministry of Education
2012 2st Class Award for Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Progress (The Second Contributor)