Lingpeng Cheng, Ph.D.
Research Associate Professor
1993.9 - 2000.7 Jiangxi Normal University，B.S. and M.S.
2000.7 - 2001.8 Engineer, Arestek Electronics Co. LTD, Zhuhai, Guangdong
2001.9 - 2004.7 Biophysics, Sun Yat-sen (Zhongshan) University, Ph.D.
2004.7 - 2006.8 Department of Biomedical Engineering, South China University of Technology, Lecturer
2006.8 - 2007.7 University of Texas, Medical School at Houston, Postdoctoral scholar,
2007.7 - 2009.6 University of California, Los Angeles, Postdoctoral scholar
2009.6 -2014.11 Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Research associate professor
2014.11 - present School of Life sciences, Tsinghua University, Research associate professor
Cryo-EM and 3D reconstruction of biological macromolecules.
1. Xurong Wang, Fuxian Zhang, Rui Su, Xiaowu Li, Wenyuan Chen, Qingxiu Chen, Tao Yang, Jiawei Wang, Hongrong Liu*, Qin Fang*, Lingpeng Cheng*, Structure of RNA polymerase complex and genome within a dsRNA virus provides insights into the mechanisms of transcription and assembly, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 115 (2018): 7344-7349
2. Xiong Pi, Lirong Tian, Huai-En Dai, Xiaochun Qin, Lingpeng Cheng, Tingyun Kuang, Sen-Fang Sui* and Jian-Ren Shen*, Unique organization of photosystem I–light-harvesting supercomplex revealed by cryo-EM from a red alga, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 115 (2018): 4423-4428
3. Xiaowu Li, Niyun Zhou, Wenyuan Chen, Bin Zhu, Xurong Wang, Bin Xu, Jiawei Wang, Hongrong Liu*, Lingpeng Cheng*, Near-atomic resolution structure determination of a cypovirus capsid and polymerase complex using cryo-EM at 200 kV, Journal of Molecular Biology. 429 (2017) pp. 79-87
4. Xiaowu Li, Hongrong Liu*, Lingpeng Cheng*, Symmetry-mismatch reconstruction of genomes and associated proteins within icosahedral viruses using cryo-EM, Biophysics Reports. 2016, 2 (1): 25-32
5. Hongrong Liu* and Lingpeng Cheng*, Cryo-EM shows the polymerase structures and a nonspooled genome within a dsRNA virus, Science, Vol. 349, (2015), pp: 1347-1350
6. Bin Zhu, Chongwen Yang, Hongrong Liu*, Lingpeng Cheng*, Feng Song, Songjun Zeng, Xiaojun Huang, Gang Ji, and Ping Zhu, Identification of the active sites in the methyltransferases of a transcribing dsRNA virus, Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 26, (2014), pp: 2167-2174
7. Lingpeng Cheng, Xiaoxing Huang, Xiaomin Li, Wei Xiong, Wei Sun, Chongwen Yang, Kai Zhang, Ying Wang, Hongrong Liu, Xiaojun Huang, Gang Ji, Fei Sun, Congyi Zheng, and Ping Zhu, Cryo-EM structures of two bovine adenovirus type 3 intermediates, Virology. Vol. 450–451, (2014), pp: 174–181
8. Chongwen Yang, Gang Ji, Hongrong Liu, Kai Zhang, Guangqiao Liu, Fei Sun, Ping Zhu* and Lingpeng Cheng*, Cryo-EM Structure of a transcribing cypovirus, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA. Vol. 109, (2012), pp: 6118–6123
9. Changchun Cao, Xiaoyan Dong, Xiaobing Wu, Boyun Wen, Gang Ji, Lingpeng Cheng*, and Hongrong Liu*, Conserved fiber-penton base interaction revealed by a nearly atomic resolution cryo-EM structure of adenovirus provides insight into receptor interaction, Journal of Virology. Vol. 86, (2012), pp:12322-12329
10. Lingpeng Cheng, Jingchen Sun, Kai Zhang, Zongjun Mou, Xiaoxing Huang, Gang Ji, Fei Sun, Jingqiang Zhang, and Ping Zhu, Atomic model of a cypovirus built from cryo-EM structure provides insight into the mechanism of mRNA capping. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA. Vol. 108, (2011), pp: 1373-1378
11. Lingpeng Cheng, Jiang Zhu, Qin Fang, Wong Hoi Hui, Xiaokang Zhang, Barry Honig and Z. Hong Zhou. Backbone model of an aquareovirus by cryo-electron microscopy and bioinformatics. Journal of Molecular Biology. Vol. 397, (2010), pp: 852-863
12. Jiang Zhu, Lingpeng Cheng, Qin Fang, Z. Hong Zhou and Barry Honig. Building Atomic Models for Molecular Assemblies Using CryoEM Maps, Homology Modeling and Multi-Scale Structure Refinement. Journal of Molecular Biology. Vol. 397 (2010), pp: 835-851
13. Lingpeng Cheng, Qin Fang, Sanket Shah, Ivo C. Atanasov and Z. Hong Zhou. Subnanometer-resolution Structures of the Grass Carp Reovirus Core and Virion, Journal of Molecular Biology. Vol. 382, (2008), pp: 213-222
14. Hongrong Liu, Lingpeng Cheng, Songjun Zeng, Canying Cai, Z. Hong Zhou and Qibin Yang. Symmetry-adapted spherical harmonics method for high-resolution 3D single-particle reconstructions, Journal of Structural Biology, Vol. 161, Issue 1, (2008), pp: 64-73