1994-2001¡¡B.S. & M.S. China Agricultural University, College of Biological Sciences
2001-2006¡¡Ph.D. Cell & Developmental Biology, University of California, Davis
2007-2011¡¡Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of California, San Francisco/HHMI
2011-2013¡¡Professor, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2013-present, Principal Investigator, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University
Our laboratory studies how cytoskeleton and signaling-related biomacromolecules regulate neural progenitors to migrate, divide and differentiation using Caenorhabditis elegans as the model system. We developed fluorescence time-lapse imaging techniques to visualize neuroblast development in live animals, and we have also developed C. elegans conditional knockout methods to dissect the underlying molecular mechanisms.
Selected Publications (*Correspondence author)
1. Tian D, Diao M, Jiang Y, Sun L, Zhang Y, Chen Z, Huang S and Ou G*.(2015) Anillin Regulates Neuronal Migration and Neurite Growth by Linking RhoG to the Actin Cytoskeleton. Current Biology. 2015, in press.
2. Li WJ, Yi P and Ou G*. (2015) Somatic CRISPR/Cas9-induced Mutations Reveal Roles of Embryonically Essential Dynein Chains in Caenorhabditis elegans Cilia. J. Cell Biol. 2015 March 16; 208 (6)
3. Shen Z, Zhang X, Chai Y, Zhu Z, Yi P, Feng G, Li W and Ou G.* (2014) Conditional Knockouts Generated by Engineered CRISPR-Cas9 Endonuclease Reveal the Roles of Coronin in C. elegans Neural Development. Developmental Cell. 2014 Sept 08;30(5):625-36.
4. Cheng Z, Yi P, Wang X, Chai Y, Feng G, Yang Y, Liang X, Zhu Z, Li W *, and Ou G.* (2013) Conditional Targeted Genome Editing Using Somatically Expressed TALENs in C. elegans. Nature Biotechnology. 2013 Oct;31(10):934-7.
5. Feng G, Yi P, Yang Y, Chai Y, Tian D, Zhu Z, Liu J, Zhou F, Cheng Z, Wang X, Li W, and Ou G.* (2013) Developmental Stage-Dependent Transcriptional Regulatory Pathways Control Neuroblast Lineage Progression. Development. 2013 Aug 14.
6. Wang X, Zhou F, Lv S, Yi P, Zhu Z, Yang Y, Feng G, Li W, and Ou G.* (2013) Transmembrane protein MIG-13 links the Wnt signaling and Hox genes to the cell polarity in neuronal migration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Jul 2;110(27):11175-80.
7. Chai Y, Tian D, Feng G, Cheng Z, Yang Y, Li W and Ou, G.* (2012) Apoptotic Regulators Promote Midbody Degradation in C. elegans. Journal of Cell Biology. 2012 Dec; 199(7):1047-55.
8. Li W, Zou W, Yang Y, Chai Y, Chen B, Cheng S, Tian D, Wang X*, Vale RD* and Ou, G.* (2012) Autophagy genes function sequentially to promote apoptotic cell corpse degradation in the engulfing cell. Journal of Cell Biology. 197(1):27-35.
9. Ou, G.*, Stuurman N, D'Ambrosio, M and R.D. Vale*. (2010) Polarized myosin produces unequal size daughters during asymmetric cell division. Science. 330(6004):677-80.
10. Ou, G., Blacque, O.E., Snow, J.J., Leroux, M.R., and J.M. Scholey (2005) Functional Coordination of Intraflagellar Transport Motors. Nature. 436(7050):583-7.